Thursday 6 November 2008


Hello Friends...

I thought I would start a blog to let people know what I am up to and what I am thinking while doing it...

As most of you know I am back in the UK...I was here last year in Oxford at King's Bible College and am back this year helping in one of the Church's that is affiliated with the college it is in Walsall, England (just right outside of Birmingham) I am helping with the their Youth ages 12-18...I am so excited to see what God has in store for them and me this year...It has been strange coming back too a new place and totally new atmosphere...Last year was already planned out by the college and friendships where planted before me...but this is back to real life again and the church has basically told me to do whatever I would like to with the Youth, because there isn't much set up except an event they have every few months and a cell group for the younger girls (which I am loving by the way) but anyways this means I have to really listen to God, and the youth to find out where the needs are and to get them doing more with each other and the community around us...

Everyone has been very welcoming and I am enjoying getting to know new people...I am cleaning houses to make a bit of money...the visa I came to the UK on won't permit me to work in a real job so the church family has been amazing and has given me cleaning jobs to help me out...It has been a good way to get to know people and their family's as well...

Last week was a great week...It started off a bit rocky with me feeling a bit left out and struggling to find where I fit in...but with some prayer and an encouraging e-mail from a Friend I went to high school with, I was reminded this is where I am supposed to be...God is so faithful to show me again my purpose here and also in my life right now...It was a great weekend with the youth...we went to a concert in Lutterworth and I got to hang out with the girls in a different surrounding than usual and we had a blast (well I did anyways)...the next night was Urban Spirit the thing I was talking about before that happens every few months...It was so encouraging to me...the girls from my cell group wanted me to pray with them and i was so blessed by it...I hope this means they are opening up to me...also on the Sunday one of them got baptised and to hear her story was great...I just thank God for last weekend and how Faithful He is to always remind me and show me His love...

Well I know this was kinda long but I just thought I would let you all know where I am literally and spiritually...

Thank you for your prayers and encouraging words and the part that each and everyone of you reading this blog have in my life...

God Bless...xoxo...

2 comments:

stickerguy said...

You're all grown up! We are so excited and can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year. Have I mentioned we are proud of you recently?
luv dad

JennaLynn said...

Oh Abby! I am also very proud of you! I am sad that you are gone from me of course, but I know that God has so many things in store for you. I am glad to hear that things are going better for you! I pray that you continue to seek God and listen with open ears! I really respect you and am honored to be your friend! :) Love you much!!! Jen