Wednesday 26 January 2011

Last Year


Well like usual it has been ages since I have blogged. It always take inspiration before I can write properly. (this time it was Erin's blogging)


Let's see...To summarize 2010 I would have to say emotional, wonderful, and horrifying.




The highlight of course would have to be our 2 beautiful weddings, one in England and one in America. Both amazing and very different. We were able to see lots of family and friends from all over the world and I am so grateful for that.

We also had so much help from all of them and I can't begin to say thank you enough for every ones help. We had cakes made, decor put up, photo's done, and so many lovely gifts to help us get started on this new journey together.





Since the last blog I haven't even mentioned my husband Matt, but as most people reading this will know Matthew Heaton. He is a very sincere man who I am so happy God has placed in my life. He is one of a kind and I am glad God put him in my life. He is the best dancer around and also very funny. We have so much fun getting to know each other as man and wife sometimes challenging, but always interesting. He took me on a surprise honeymoon to Rhodes (a Greek Island) It was absolutely perfect. It was my kind of weather, HOT! We are now trying to settle into life and the many things we have crammed into it. This has been the most challenging part for me I must say. We are very busy with our church and I find it hard at times. I still feel the strong calling to Africa and am waiting for the day God says go.



Last year also brought some really hard times. We had a friend die which sent us all very confused and upset. For us and our church body this has been rough to say the least, but God has been faithful and I have been very encouraged by the family and leaders of our church in the way it has brought people together. Our friend will be forever missed and forever in our thoughts.






Well I hope this gives people a little preview into our life over the past year...Lord, I now give you 2011, please be with us and guide us in our challenges, relationships, and responsibilities...Here I am Lord...amen.





















1 comment:

Erin said...

Your post popped up on my feed and I was like, "Abby blogged! Oh my gosh!" See you tomorrow... :)