Tuesday 20 January 2009

New Era...I am Proud to be an American...


Well...Today was the inauguration of our 44th President Barack Hussein Obama, wow side note saying 44th President does make us sound like a baby country...Today was a day I felt proud to be an American...I am so happy how far we have come and I am so proud of us wanting a change...I am excited to see what the next 4yrs will bring...we are in rough times in the World with the recession, wars and genocides raging all over the world Obama has his work cut out for him...but I am so happy to hear him speak about helping not only America but the rest of the world as well....I hope he can make our name better through out the world and we can stand up for Injustice and against evil in the world...

I also listened to President Bush's farewell speech and was so encouraged but the words he spoke "This Nation must continue to speak up for Justice and Truth, we must always be willing to act in their defense and to advance the cause of Peace." when I heard this statement I immediately wrote it down...sure President Bush made mistakes but as I always say in his defence...I would not have wanted to be in his position when 9/11 took place and have to decide what was best for a "whole" country and that being the most powerful country in the world...
I encourage you all to watch both speech's as well...I think despite the economy and wars all over this will be a good time; a time for America to stick up for Injustice and not be so inward focused to hopefully reach out to our fellow man during the hard times to come...He has already made our name better in the world...People across Europe are so excited about Obama...

I hope he sees the suffering around the world and helps how ever he can to make it better and encourages the Nation to get up and do something as well...None of this may make since but I just had to express how happy I was when I listened to both speech's and was so proud to be an American...

Lord, I ask that you guide President Obama through out the next few years...please protect him and help him make wise decisions for our country...please help us to always seek justice and stick up for the underdogs...Thank you Lord for change and help us to Trust your bigger than everything and everyone...Amen

1 comment:

Jason Otero said...

Good Stuff. We need an awakening to the problems that are far greater than trying to finance a house we cant afford. And so we pray and cry out to a God that will never ignore the cry of his people.